Sunday, August 3, 2008

Portable Masquerade

When I was in Venice I picked up a paper mache masquerade mask- one that comes to a point, vaguely like a bird beak. I decided that it would be my one souvenir before I got to Hungary, and I have strapped it on to the back of my bike ever since.

The mask is white and is intended to be painted, but I thought it would be more fun to let it accrue mud, become warped by rain, and get chipped by my clumsiness. It can handle some abuse, but itÅ› a constant battle to keep myself from stepping on it or destroying it in some other appropriate fashion.

Everything fun is made more fun by the mask, everything strange is made more strange, and everything awesome is most definitely made more awesome.

I am hoping I can save it and bring it back home with me.

1 comment:

adamryder1 said...

4 more posts, 4 more posts!